Hi, I'm Erik Maday, an Atlanta based user experience designer, and creative.
WHO AM I?
Born and raised in Chicago, I relocated to Atlanta in 2014, where I attended Georgia Tech from which I graduated in December 2017 with a degree in Computer Science, concentrating in Media and People. I graduated from Kent State with a Master's in User Experience Design in May 2020.
I have a passion for design, and computer science and a love for things that look good and work right. Whether it is a design that communicates the message effectively to the viewer or an application that works without effort from the user, I believe that both form and function are critical in any project and always work to assure both are at the highest level they can be.
I plan to use my unique background in technology, design, and art to create compelling user experiences at CharterUP beginning June 2020.
Interaction Design, Visual Design, Photography, Videography
UI / UX
Developing Personas, Usability Testing, Prototyping, Interviewing, Observing, and Journey Mapping
Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe InDesign, and Sketch
What I've Done
Georgia Tech Basketball
Graduate Assistant (May 2018-present)
• Created or directed creation of all photo, video, and graphic content for public and internal use.
• Developed and implemented a strategic plan to engage and grow the fan base through social media initiatives.
• Planned and produced year-round content, increasing the fan base by 31 percent over 8 months (double the average growth rate for ACC basketball teams)
Graphic Designer and Head Manager (July 2015-May 2018)
• Designed all materials for internal use and the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
• Managed a staff of nine other student-managers
• Served as liason for the student-managers and all athletes and twelve coaches to coordinate operations of all practice, games, and travel.
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY
M.S. User Experience Design (August 2018-May 2020)
Georgia Institute of technology
B.S. Computer Science (August 2014-December 2017)
• Concentration in Media and People
• Dean’s List, graduated with High Honors
Whether it be in the mountains, countryside, or city, I love to go out and see the world around me. I truly believe there is no point in spending time in a place if you do not explore and experience what it has to offer.
I love to capture and share the world around me as I see it. I believe that everyone views the world a little differently, with different focuses, and the best way to portray to others what you see is through images.
It is difficult to find a time when I am outside of class or work and not listening to music. Music has influenced me throughout my life. Check out what I'm listening to here.
I like to play basketball and volleyball.
As a spectator I like almost any sport, but my favorite teams are the White Sox, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and Georgia Tech.